Sign Materials Direct is a reputable supplier of high quality vacuum-plated acrylic sheet with a mirror finish. The highly reflective surface is protected by a durable acrylic polymer paint with PU top coat. We sell and supply all over the UK and Europe from blue-chip retail outlets, pubs, nightclubs, gyms, dance studios, ball rooms to general households.
This is genuine high quality acrylic mirror material unlike some other eBay sellers selling cheaper versions that deteriorate with moist and water. Our material has been manufactured with the latest technology and capabilities for short term external use and long term internal use . We are a major distributor and currently supply this material all across the UK and Europe.
Note: Acrylic mirror is not sold as a direct replacement for applications where glass mirror may be more suitable as it does not have the same rigidity as glass. Visual distortion may occur during normal use and more excessive when using large pieces. Using a thicker piece of acrylic mirror such as 6mm will be less flexible and therefore maintain better optical integrity. Along with this, correct installation can reduce visual distortion but will not completely eliminate it.
- (NOTE, IMAGE IS NOT OF ACTUAL SIZE) Size: 1220mm x 600mm / 4ft x 2ft (approx) (for custom sizes, please contact us for a quote). Thickness: 6mm. Finish: Mirror (one side only)
- Used largely in the retail sector mirrored acrylic is a viable alternative to heavy expensive traditional mirrored glass. Easy to fabricate. Mirrored acrylic can be cut to limitless shapes and sizes. Can be drilled and glued or screwed in place very easily. As mirrored acrylic is safe to handle it can be used without any prior training unlike traditional glass mirror which requires extremely careful handling and storing.
- Applications: Signage, Display and point-of-sale, Visual merchandising, Store design, Interior fittings for decoration, Home and commercial gyms, Dance studios, Nightclub and pub. NOTE:
- Extruded mirrored acrylic is a highly reflective mirror on one side only with a white/cream backing. Silver acrylic mirror sheet or perspex mirror is an excellent alternative to glass mirrors. Its impact strength is around 10 times greater, more flexible, shatter-proof and safer than traditional glass in equal thickness. The high quality vacuum-plated acrylic sheet with a mirror finish has a highly reflective surface which is protected by a durable acrylic polymer paint with PU top coat. Suitable for a wide range of applications due to their excellent impact resistance and light weight.
- The flexibility and low weight of extruded acrylic mirror along with its relatively high impact strength makes it the ideal solution in both industrial and domestic settings. Supplied with a protective plastic film on one side. Not as rigid as glass mirror and, as with all acrylic mirror, visual distortion can occur. Correct installation and sufficient material thickness can reduce visual distortion but will not completely eliminate it. As some adhesives attack the mirrored surface, we recommend using our Evo-Stik acrylic mirror adhesive.